Most people would say they would be lost without their mobile phone.
Mobiles are very good:
- Ease of contact.
- Used in case of emergency.
- Makes you feel more safe because you can contact anyone when you need to.
- Phones provide other uses: camera, GPS, games etc.
- Phones with internet can provide information at your fingertips on the go.
- Having a nice phone can help with social status.
- Some people find it easier to open up to people when it is not face to face.
- Handy, compact device.
Mobiles are very bad:
- Having a mobile contract is extremely expensive and is very hard to get out of.
- There are always hidden charges on bills.
- It is hard to contact customer service help lines and constantly get put on hold wasting phone minutes.
- Phones use electromagnetic radiation in the microwave field which people believe to be harmful to humans.
- It is not uncommon to be with someone and they get their phone out and ignore their surroundings. I feel this is slightly rude as they are in their own world being entertained by their phone and not talking to who they are with.
- Phones are also becoming an ever increasing reason for muggings.